Tuesday, November 11, 2008

who recognizes a defeat



School has officially kicked my butt this semester. I'm only taking 12 credits and I know I'm going to do very poorly. My worst class/not worst class is English 150...I have a love-hate relationship with it. My teacher is really cool. She respects us and give really good feedback. The problem is she's WAY too into English meaning that she expects us to be as well. Being an artistic/math-y person, I don't do well with conforming to this expectation. So far I've done with the class though. I've gotten an A and a B+ on my other papers. Right now we're working on the "Issues Paper" and I've officially been destroyed by it. One part of the paper is an Annotated Bibliography...I've been working on it and it is due at 5 today. It's supposed to have 20-25 sources...I have 7. It is 4:30. I am admitting defeat. I've been working on it as much as I could, but this last week, in an effort to bring in more income to my depleting stores I ended up working a lot more than I normally do. i.e. Friday: worked from 4pm-midnight, Sat: 10:30 am - midnight...ya..not so much time to actually study/get work done, along with the fact that I couldn't see for half the week too due to my eyes being retarted! Granted, there's always more that I could have done...but then i think, "mom is in the same class and they're only required to have 8 sources" I think there's something VERY wrong with that. (If you couldn't tell, I'm frustrated right now). I'm very against the whole mandatory general classes that everyone has to take...it's a waste of time and money....personally, there should be a group of topics for general learning and you have to pic 3 or 4 to complete, not a bunch of different ones. Oh well...i guess I'll just have to deal and move on.




Here's a video from the powderpuff game...I'm trying to put together a movie, but it's hard to find the time. oh well. I love you all! I'm off to study!

3 comments:

  1. I have $$ for you. I have a trick for your annotated bib. Those were sweet cheerleaders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe You and your mom should have study dates.
    ps....we get to see you in a week weeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T GIVE IN! STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!! ya, you and mom should totally have study dates for that class. btw-2 DAYS! Are you gonna stop by Tuesday night?
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete